Sunday, August 1, 2010

Chef Salad

Hearty Chef Salad for a Summer Supper




What I like in my chef Salad:
Butter Lettuce and Raddicio
Diced Cucumbers
Thinly Sliced Radishes
Halved Pearl Tomatoes
Diced Red Bell Peppers
Cubed Dill Harvarti Cheese
Cubed Crock Pot Chicken
Deviled Eggs

When making a large salad for dinner I like to first dress my greens with salt & pepper and toss with salad dressing.  This time I used a store bought Italian dressing.   I placed dressed greens on the bottom of a shallow bowl and then placed the rest of the ingredients in rows.  The best part of this salad is the deviled eggs.  I always make a few extra for snacking later in the evening.

Deviled Eggs:  Slice boiled eggs in half length wise and remove the yolks.  Break up the yolks in a bowl and add mayo to achieve the consistency you like.  I spice mine up with: salt & black pepper, turmeric & celery seed.  Spoon the yolks into a plastic bag and cut off the corner to use as a piping bag.  Be generous when filling the eggs.  Sprinkle the tops of the filled eggs with hot paprika.

No comments:

Post a Comment