Sunday, August 1, 2010

Baked Eggs in Spicy Tomato Sauce

Late last week the fridge was looking a little empty and I needed to throw together some dinner.  Using what was left in the fridge and pantry I came up with Baked Eggs in Spicy Tomato Sauce served over toast with a side of bacon.

In a small casserole with a lid combine 1 small can of tomato sauce with one small can of spicy Mexican tomato sauce.  Gently break eggs into sauce and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.


Toast up some nice crusty break.  I suggest a nice ciabatta.  Use what you have on hand though.  English muffins, sourdough, even tortilla's would work nicely.  Place the cooked eggs and some sauce over the bread and serve with a side of bacon.  When I made the eggs I made steamed artichokes as well because that's what I had left in the crisper bin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment