Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Nickel Diner

Yesterday I went to the Nickel Diner in downtown Los Angeles for some brunch.  It was 3.5 stars out of 5.

Pro's
  1. They have bacon maple donuts.  It was unbelievably good.  Although I felt like having a heart attack after eating it.  I chose to eat it over the course of the afternoon rather than one giant artery clogging glutton session.
  2. The food is pretty good.  I ate a bacon scramble of some sort with a side of polenta.  The eggs were the perfect consistency and the polenta was nice and creamy.
  3. Prices are good.  15 bucks for a breakfast plate, a donut and a cup of coffee is pretty decent.
Con's
  1. I ordered the #1 and ended up with the #2.  I really wanted to try the ham and leak scramble but ended up eating what showed up anyway.  
  2. The coffee sucked.  It was really weak cheap diner coffee.  This place deserves better.
  3. The waitress was pretty inattentive.  I had to flag someone down when I wanted to order my donut to go and had to ask for some more coffee.
  4. The menu said the plate came with toast, and choice of polenta or potatoes.  I only got the polenta.

No comments:

Post a Comment