Sunday, October 3, 2010

Big Steak Dinner

As requested I made him a big steak dinner.



Corn on the Cob: buttered corn sprinkled with salt and aleppo pepper and then baked at 350 for an hour

Steamed Broccoli: tossed with a pat of butter, black pepper and fresh grated Parmesan cheese

Mashed Potatoes: smashed with 1/2 & 1/2, butter, goat cheese, aleppo pepper, salt & black pepper

Asparagus Spears:  sauteed in a small fry pan with a little extra virgin olive oil and salt & black pepper

Beef Tenderloin: neatly tied up with string and then marinated in olive oil,  Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, savory, salt & pepper.  I basically rubbed down my tied up tenderloin with the marinade and let it sit on the counter for about 30 minutes while I prepped all my veggies.  I then seared each side for 3.5 minutes and then finished it off in a 425 oven for 6 minutes.  Make sure you let the beef rest under a sheet of foil before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment