Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Bacon Cookbook

Mr. Man bought me a bacon cook book as a gift to himself.  I really like this book.  It has tons of great info and lots of fantastic recipes.  So far I've made two verbatim from The Bacon Cookbook by James Villas.

Bacon Muffins:  Easy recipe with a nice crumb.  I thought that by just adding bacon there was not enough flavor.  My fearless testers agreed with me.   The next time I made them I added in a 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese and a couple of tablespoons of diced chives.  I think the addition of the cheese and chives really rounded out the flavor profile of the muffins.  They went along perfectly a mug of tomato soup.

Bacon Horseradish Dip:  Excellent!   I made this one during a game night at the house.  The men ate it up like no tomorrow.  They asked for seconds.  I highly recommend this recipe and wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment